Blackjack is found in most casinos and is the easiest game for “newbies” to start entering the exciting casino world. Because the rules of this game are very simple. Knowing more Blackjack terms below will win more easily.
What is Blackjack? How to play Blackjack?
Vietnamese players usually call Blackjack “Xì dách” or “Xì lát”. The game will use a deck of 52 cards. Each player will receive 2 cards. Blackjack is a game of counting points and comparing the players’ points and the dealer’s points. Both the players and the dealer have the right to draw more cards. The total points will not excess 21 points.
After receiving the first 2 cards, if the total points are less than 21, the players may draw more cards. Similarly, the dealer may also draw more cards. Therefore, to play Blackjack, you must know some terms as follows.
- Blackjack: Blackjack is the best hand a player can have. It is equivalent to 21 points. Blackjack is also known as “xì lát”. This usually happens when you have an Ace and a 10 or J, Q, K. And of course you don’t need to draw any other card.
- Push: Push is the case where the players’ hands and the dealer’s hand have the same points. In this case, the players will receive a refund of the deposit. In case of a special push in which both a player’s hand and the dealer’s hand are Blackjack, the dealer will win.
- Bust: If any player has more than 21 points, that player will lose immediately no matter how many points the dealer has.
- Hard Hand: Where a player has an Ace and counts it as 11 points.
- Soft Hand: Where a player does not have any Ace, or where that player has an Ace but counts it as 1 point.
- Ante: is a player’s first bet before the cards are dealt, which subsequent bets will be based on during a game.
- Pair: A side bet offered by the dealer with a payout ratio of 11:1.
- Double Down: A bet following the first bet (usually double the amount of the first bet). At this time, any player is only allowed to draw 1 more card.
- Insurance: This term is used in the case when the cards have been dealt and the dealer’s shown card is an Ace. In this case, a player may bet ½ of the ante to predict the dealer has Blackjack. That player loses ante but gets a 2:1 payout if the dealer has a Blackjack as predicted. Otherwise, the game will proceed as usual with the calculation based on the number of points, and the player will lose the insurance bet.
- Hit: refers to the action that you choose to draw 1 more card
- Stand: When a player feels safe with the total points of the first 2 cards, he has the right to stop drawing any other card.
- Splitting: If your first 2 cards are the same, you have the right to split them into 2 hands. In this case, you will receive 1 more card per hand. This means your stake is also doubled. Once you have split, you will no longer be able to merge back. However, when you split, if 1 of the 2 hands has a Blackjack, it will not be counted. A normal count to 21 shall be applied.
- Surrender: Some Casinos offer players this option. You will be allowed to quit when you receive the first 2 cards but do not feel safe and the possibility of losing is high. In this case, you will be refunded a half of the ante.
Blackjack is not difficult to play, but in order to “win anytime you play”, you will have to practice the game to get used to all Blackjack terms. And then, you may learn some tricks. How about having fun while practicing at the Blackjack table at Corona Resort & Casino Phu Quoc?